Are you responsible for Australia’s children?
PART C – Synopsis of the VCI Benchmark Survey 2016
Part C – April 2017 considers data relevant to the vision of ensuring that children are seen as the shared responsibility of the entire community.
- 74% of survey respondents agree that the wellbeing of
children are the shared responsibility of the entire community.
- 79% believe that parents are most responsible for
protecting and promoting the wellbeing of children, and;
- 70% believe that children ‘belong’ to their parents until the
age of 18 years.
- Just over half (59%) believe that Australian society is
committed to protecting and prioritising the needs of children.
- 94% described their feelings towards their own children as
- Just over half (54%) said they have a positive view of all
- Almost half (46%) believe that governments give too little
consideration to children.
Click below to view full PART C – Synopsis of the VCI Benchmark Survey 2016