How do we perceive children in Australia today?
PART B – Synopsis of the VCI Benchmark Survey 2016
Part B – March 2017 considers data relevant to the vision of inspiring Australians to value all children.
- Almost half of the survey respondents (48%) believe it is more challenging to be a child today than in the past.
- Only 16% believe that Australia is a safer society to grow up in
today than in the past.
- The top five most commonly chosen words chosen to describe
- 78% believe that children today are more disrespectful than
- Almost half (49%) said that children today have too many rights.
- Almost one in three (32%) do not believe that the opinions
of children should be considered as being as important as the
opinions of adults.
- 63% said that a child’s word is less likely to be believed than that
of an adult.
Click below to view full PART B – Synopsis of the VCI Benchmark Survey 2016