Are children at the forefront of our considerations?
PART A – Synopsis of the VCI Benchmark Survey 2016
Part A considers the data relevant to the vision of ensuring children are at the forefront of considerations.
- 86% of Australians considered looking after the interests of
children to be important to them personally.
- 80% of Australians say they are concerned about the health and
the happiness of future generations of Australians.
- Only 48% believe that children in Australia all have a fair and
equal opportunity to flourish and to maximise their potential.
- Almost half (48%) of Australians believe that it is more
challenging to be a child today than when they were a child.
- A significant proportion (38%) described children as ‘vulnerable’.
Less than one in five (16%), believe that Australia is a safer place
today than when they grew up.
- Almost half (46%) believe that governments give too little
consideration to children.
Click below to view full PART A – synopsis of the VCI Benchmark Survey 2016